|▲ 블랙앤비치사 Paul Ksiazek|
|블랙앤비치사가 건설한 수십개의 데이터센터 중 하나, 전자파가 전혀 나오지않는 데이터센터|
건설 및 구축 글로벌기업인 블랙앤비치(Black & Veach)사의 최고기술전문가(CTO)를 비록 경영인들이 9월 17일부터 22일, 한국을 방문한다. 이 기업은 이미 세계 여러 곳에서 데이터센터를 구축하여 구글, 애플 등에 데이터 네트워크를 제공해주고 있다.
|청와대 방문 후 토속촌에서 삼계탕 먹고 있는 블랙앤비치 브래드하딘과 스위치토큰 회장 피터허쉬버그|
|지난 방한 시 남북교류협력지원단을 방문한 브래드 하딘(왼쬭에서 세번째)|
이번 방한 시 그들은 데이터센터 구축에 적합한 부지를 2~3곳 최종 선정할 예정이다. 물론 해당 지자체의 적극적인 행정적 지원 등이 뒷받침되기를 희망하고 있다. 우선적으로 해저광캐이블 사용이 가능한 새만금지역과 부산 및 그 인근지역 그리고 충청남도 일원이 고려되고 있다.
블랙앤비치사의 홈피는 www.bv.com이다.
또한 최근 지구촌의 최대 심각한 문제로 대두된 기후변화에 적극 대응하기 위해 블랙앤비치사도 나섰다. 기후변화의 주범이며, 화석연료에서 발생되는 CO2를 비롯한 6대 온실가스를 저감하기 위함이다. 블랙앤비치사는 데이터센터에 필요한 에너지원을 화석연료가 아닌 비화석연료로 대체하기 위해 태양광발전소도 인근에 건설한다. 그래서 지자체는 물론 중앙정부 차원의 적극적인 행정지원이 필요하다 하겠다. 외자유치에 의한 공사와 일자리창출은 우리가 최우선 시 하고 있는 분야이다.
Paul E. Ksiazek, Senior Project Director, Diode Ventures LLC
With more than 25 years of experience in the energy industry, Paul Ksiazek brings a wealth of knowledge in wholesale and retail unregulated power markets. Paul has led organization teams and held roles in marketing physical and financial gas and power, greenfield development, risk management, asset acquisitions, long-term contract negogation, and commercial operations. He has structured complex off-take agreements and third-party hedges, as well as negotiated third party energy management agreements for renewable and thermal assets. Paul worked directly with developers and owners of wind and solar assets to develop specific hedges to support financing of the assets and to implement energy management agreements. He has held senior commercial roles at private equity and trading/marketing shops of Diode Ventures, TrailStone Group, Panda Power Funds, Luminant Energy (TXU) and Duke Energy. In his most recent role a Diode Ventures, which is a full-service, turnkey developer/provider of renewable energy products and technology facilities, Paul works directly with large marketing/trading companies, commercial and industrial (C&I) customers and utilities to structure long-term off take agreements (financial and physical) for utility-scale solar and data centers. He has a global focus for offtake agreements. In his role at TrailStone Group, Paul was responsible for business development and wholesale power origination activities for North America, including long-term wholesale hedges/off-take agreements for renewal and thermal assets, and energy management agreements for wind and thermal assets. Prior to TrailStone, Paul held various senior executive roles at Panda Power Funds for six years and led all Panda’s wholesale power origination activities for U.S. markets, including asset acquisitions. He was key member of the senior management team that assisted in debt financing for five combined cycle generation projects (3.9 gig watts) in 17 months, razing over $2.2 billion. Paul holds a Master of Science in Financial Markets & Trading, and Master of Business Administration in Finance, and a Bachelor in Science in Medical Engineering. He also served as a Naval Nuclear Officer in the United States Navy on board of the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise.
South Korea Data Center and Solar PV Requirements
1) Procure land for the site,
2) Design the facility,
3) Acquire necessary permits to construct,
4) Market the facility to potential tenants,
5) Identify power needs and supply agreements, including potential for solar offtake,
6) Line EPC contractor,
7) Construct facility
Solar Power Plant Requirements
1) Land requirements: Requires a minimum of 6 acres per MWac with a maximum of 15% grade. Soil should have minimal imperious cover along with no geological formations. Not part of the wetlands (excluded for floating solar projects)
2) Transmission: access to transmission voltage levels (min 69 kV with a direct tie into the T-line or substation (new substation may be built as part of the project). Distance to transmission line tie is should be kept to less than 2 miles. Minimize upgrades to KEPCO’s transmission network. Additionally, it will be good to understand whether transmission line is under ground or overhead, which conductor is used, sizing etc. These details will help understating transmission losses. It is also important to understand the location of the metering point. If the metering point is at the site location then the transmission losses for 2 miles will be borne by utilities. In Asia, it differs country to country. Few countries other than those that are renewables friendly- bear these transmission losses.
3) Environmental: Minimize environmental impact based on local requirements
Floating Solar Requirements
2) Temperature: Operating conditions of water temperature correspond with product guidelines.
3) Anchoring: Technical site characteristics allow for anchoring, including depth water variation level, soil composition, wind conditions, etc. Anchoring designing is itself a critical engineering component. It takes in to consideration various static and dynamic loads imposed by structure and water waves. Also, local meteorological conditions are taken in to account along with historical water levels while designing anchors.
1) Procure or lease land for site,
2) Design facility including 12x24 production profile,
3) Determine panel manufacture within country and get panel estimates,
4) Determine EPC provider within country and get EPC estimates,
5) Construct proforma based on total engineering costs, production output, term and PPA purchase price,
6) Discuss FIT rate with KEPCO and requirements,
7) Provide term sheet to KEPCO,
8) Get term sheet sign off and proceed to PPA contract negotiation,
9) Execute contracts,
10) Line up investors (equity, tax equity, debt)